Stay a Little Longer

"I love that building with lights casting moving letters on it", I pointed in the distance. "I always try to read but can't make out what it says, I just recognize the letters A and may be an R. It's so far away and the letters move a bit too fast for me."
He tried reading them but couldn't. "It's beautiful up here, you can see the entire city's lights from here", he told me in a voice barely more than a whisper and that sent glittering stars running through my blood. Someone saying exactly what you feel about some place, some book or song almost makes you feels like it's a victory.


"Remember that ferry ride? We had the view of distant city lights and the sound of waves, and the green turbulence in the heavily blue waters that was caused by ferry's movements. We absolutely loved that, didn't we? And the freezing winds I was trying to save myself from? By sitting in a way that would make you my shield?" I was almost in that scene when I said this.
"Yeah and make me freeze to death", he still blamed me for that. "It's getting cold here, you should go inside now", and he cared nevertheless.
"I don't want to go. Stay a bit longer. I want more", I cried.
"I'm just a figment of your imagination now, remember?" He pointed at the single mug of coffee lying there on grass next to me. I opened my mouth in protest but he was gone before even I could say goodbye, but then again I never got a chance to say good bye did I?

Comments

If you'd like to be friends

I love coffee. If you like me, consider buying me a cup of coffee.

My help is available at my website academiccoaching.ml to students applying for education abroad, academic coaching, graduate study applications, legal documents, and visa process.