Weddings

My heart ached as I walked her down the aisle. I staggered and she held my arm tightly. I saw a shadow of unfathomable discomfort cross her rosy cheeks. I smiled and gave her a reassuring look. She calmed down.

I took another step forward. A face materialized before me. Face of a beautiful young woman. She had the most exquisite smile I had ever seen. Her eyes were magical, almond shaped, dark brown with just a hint of blue on the outline. She had a soft pink light showering all around her face. I tried looking away but couldn't. She laughed and I knew it wasn't the music in the church that was mesmerizing me. She held me captive as I took one more step forward. Her face started turning red. The kind of red any man on earth would never wish to see on a women's face. The glow surrounding her face adapted to that. Her anger made my palms wet.
I took another step and tried shaking her away. Her eyes turned into blue stars. I think I saw a tear roll down her cheek. I could feel her surrender. Her glow turned blue. The next step was the easiest and most comfortable. Then I saw her glow losing all color. Her face became white. Not the type of white you see in a rose or a bride's gown.
We were almost there now. I looked at the young woman holding my arm. She had a striking resemblance to the woman with a pink glow. In that moment all I wanted was to save her from a man like me, a man who gave her mother the unkind white glow. With a sinking heart, I took the final step.

Comments

  1. What a mesmerizing article! All the colors on her face, the personification of an actual rainbow, with its darkness and its beauty. Very few people see the darkness of a rainbow. Very, very few.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Let me know your thoughts, questions, and suggestions about this.

If you'd like to be friends

I love coffee. If you like me, consider buying me a cup of coffee.

My help is available at my website academiccoaching.ml to students applying for education abroad, academic coaching, graduate study applications, legal documents, and visa process.