Perfect Symmetry

I sat on the table across her. She started biting her nail again. I let her be absorbed in her anxiety for a moment. We were at a point in our conversation where I could tell when she was thinking "may be I shared too much". I can always tell that. If anything this job has taught me, it's this. I can tell when people are telling the truth, regretting about it and then making up a story to somehow mitigate the risk of being exposed too much.

"You should come out and tell people your story. You will be an inspiration for many." I said the words I say to almost every person I am interviewing informally for the channel. I am so used to the sound of these words that they don't even make any sense to me when I say them. Just like when you keep listening to a song on loop, the words stop mattering after a time and you are just addicted to the tune, the music, the beat. And then comes the point when you start hating that song. I was beginning to wonder if I was reaching that point about about my job. I had loved this job so passionately for so long that I became addicted to it. But now it had started becoming that senseless tune I wanted to get out of my system as soon as possible.
She switched to biting her left thumbnail and I could see the perfect symmetry in her nails. They were all almost half the size of a normal human nail. She was too perfect in nail biting, may be addicted. I wondered if it made any sense to her. It was at that moment that I decided this was going to be my last story for the channel. I didn't want my perfect symmetry anymore.

If you'd like to be friends

I love coffee. If you like me, consider buying me a cup of coffee.

My help is available at my website academiccoaching.ml to students applying for education abroad, academic coaching, graduate study applications, legal documents, and visa process.